Wednesday 6 March 2013

Update


All in one


No, I've not acquired a onesie I'll just keep this to the point.

No doubt you heard the saying about drinking out of wet glasses, well since coming back from the beer festival, I've had an almighty head cold/ manflu.
Not the snotty nose version, but the sinusy blocked up version, hardly able to breath through my nose and ended blowing a blood vessel trying to clear the passages!!
With a tickley cough to keep me awake most of the night, and most of the day too, I was not inclined to move away from the scotch and Lemsip cure. I say cure, it wasn't, but I felt better.
Somebody once said, that for a cold dosing yourself for a week is about as good as seven days without.
So despite picking myself up some maggots during last week, with all good intentions, the urge to rove the rivers has somewhat diminished.
Today is a better day, but we've had quite fog/sea fret up here so I didn't fancy the trip down Newark way for the Middle Trent or Upper Witham, or even up to the Idle, where I'm getting some good reports.
So maybe tomorrow, although a blood test for my diabetes may get in the way of that.
I don't know what to do, go for chub and roach, or barbel and chub.. the choices we have to make!
We shall see.

My cousin Joyce is recovering nicely but slowly in hospital.

Great tit's have claimed our nestbox again.

 Have I told you about my holidays/breaks?
Norfolk, Hereford, France, Scotland, the Oyster Festival in Whitstable, Finland and Russia all booked for this year ...so far! Still have August, September and November to do something
The Boss has just had her pension confirmed from early May, so more dosh for holidays.
My AiM shares have had a bit of a setback, but with 8 holdings, most of which are awaiting news, I have a bit of good cover with my spread.

RIP Dale Robertson

Fond memories of  Jim Hardy, a  hero to me in the black and white television era from about the age of  8.
!


Actor Dale Robertson, best remembered for his portrayal of Jim Hardie in the TV series Tales of Wells Fargo, has died, February 28, 2013  from lung cancer and pneumonia aged 89 April 1960:  American actor Dale Robertson who starred in the popular TV western 'Tales of Wells Fargo' which ran from 1957 until 1962.  (Photo by L. J. Willinger/Keystone Features/Getty Images) Photo: L. J. Willinger, Getty Images


I make it a policy not to comment on football, too many nutters out there, but Sir Alec...tut tut!!

The fog is descending again, the local rabbit and pheasant population are in the garden, time for tea.

No comments:

Post a Comment