Saturday 29 May 2010

Why?




Why did I start start this Blog lark?
After many years, probably getting on for 10, I have been quite happy being part of angling Forum (or is it Fora?)
I've come to the conclusion that doing battle with those who think their views out weigh anybody else's, and who group my personal opinion with the organisation I belong to in everything I write, is not really the thing I want to carry on doing. Although I know I will.
There are a certain few, and the aim of this few, is to spoil the enjoyment of others, and we mustn't let them take over! In fact I'm sure we are winning, their outlets are becoming fewer, as the owners of the boards have come to realise, these few will take over if given half a chance, and that the numbers participating dwindle.
So what if individuals ask, what line? What reel ? What...whatever, it doesn't hurt to respond, or steer them to previous answers. We all need to seek advice at sometime.
So if any reader wants an answer, or queries anything I put in this Blog, please feel free to ask. I will not respond to the anonymous, but will keep you anonymous if you wish,this system allows that to be so.
Perhaps, I thought it's time to put my views and opinions into what is effectively an open diary.
That way I can get my own views across, to one or two who maybe interested to start with, and hopefully long term more, without allowing the spoilers to make me think twice before putting into words, any opinion I have. I will then have no need to worry that what I write will have an effect on perfectly normal individuals enjoyment of their interests. If it does have an effect, I hope it is positive. Too much negativity in this world of ours.
So, if my brain is up to it, I shall be trying to give my views about fishing, life in this country, and indeed life and my interests in general.

My location
Our village, is on top of the Lincolnshire(Wold) Hills, and is effectivly a ribbon development, on the main A631 through road from Gainsborough via Market Rasen & Louth, to the east coast routes.
It has no shop or post office, no school, it closed recently as there were only 40 odd primary age kids in the village.
It has two pubs, well one, a proper real ale pub, and one aiming to be a restaurant.
On a clear day I can see the Trent( and it's power station chimneys) and all along the Trent valley.The River Bain starts in our village and winds it's way down through Horncastle to join the River Witham.
Our house is a modern detached bungalow which is part of a development built 12 years ago,backing onto the A631 and off the ribbon.
We have a good size unworked field next door, currently 3 feet high in Cow Parsley and nettle, but after it annual mowing, and until the next"wildflower" growing season, it is the haunt of a pair of Barn Owl, often seen quartering the field, at the moment they are elsewhere, kestrel and sparrowhawk often patrol too!!
Our garden has visits from, sparrowhawk, pheasant,partridge,woodies, collar doves,chaffinch,greenfinch, loads of sparra's, the occasional pied wagtail, robin, wren,dunnock, blue, great, coal and long tailed tits, all the thrushes at various times of the year, and rather aggressive pair of blackbirds.We've had mallards nesting too. Currently we have 2 nests of blackbird, two fledged this week from one, 4 have just hatched in the other.The song thrush built and was "moved on" , two dunnock nested but abandoned, in one of our 3 boxes great tits, the first and only time I looked in there were 7 eggs. The activity at the moment indicates some have hatched succesfully,although I've seen one dead chick removed by a parent and dumped away in the field.
More to come:-

"Friends"
I was part of a group of fishing friends most of whom, I'm sure still are. But the leader of the little group is a bit of a Napoleon, something to do with his height no doubt.
Anyway he took great umbridge because I left his little empire to do other things, and to stay away from the some of the "two faced" shites he had recently invited into his gang. Since then he has started a vendetta, pulling apart my words with petty one liners.Part of my reasoning as stated above for easing away from forum life. I have no wish to encourage the likes of him.
In fact he assumes every photograph of fish I show are from his little 400yard stretch of the mighty Trent, he even thinks despite efforts to shield locations,that anybody who is the slightest bit interested will spot the location.
Well they will from now on, they will assume they know where they are caught, because he has told them!!
What a petty little man he is, and to think he's the first to state that the internet isn't the real world, well to him it certainly appears to be.
Good ridance I say, he joined the race of the "two faced" in my book, although I'm certain he already was a member.I mean, would you have somebody working for you for some years and not tell them they were up to the job, and then palm them off to another manager in your organisation?
By the way the sparrowhawk and the mallard were from my garden,so no need to look for them at a certain middle Trent fishery!
I certainly haven't caught fish on the internet either, had a few big bites though.
Ah, I can feel the freedom already!!!

6 comments:

  1. Hi Fred,

    This lark is pretty addictive, much better than posting on forums.
    People get to see the real person by reading their blog.
    Big Bad Bob told me a few days ago that he is sitting on his next update and its a few thousand words, he really has been bitten by the bug.
    Two peacocks on top of my greenhouse this week, it never ceases to amaze me what turns up her in Borderlands.

    Keep it going Fred, I'll be looking in most days.

    Steve.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah peacocks, we have at least one in the gardencentre place just up the road,unusual sounds to our dawn chorus!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Are we not talking butterflies here!! :)
    Thought I would pop in to say "Hello!!"
    Rich.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Rich, are we not talking people? ;o)
    Peacocks of the butterfly variety common as muck, peacocks on the roof a rare occurance even in the far west I'm sure, nah must be birds.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I thought so.....Steve is in "Top Pheasant Shooting" territory so they are likely to be the early alarm call for the keepers.When I was down south we had Guinea Fowl.The best security alarm going!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. To the Anonymous one, as I have noted earlier,if you are not prepared to share with us the courage of your convictions, by using your given name, then you will not be heard on this Blog.
    Put your name to any comment you have,and then maybe you will be allowed some space.
    In the meantime I hope you enjoyed the chips!

    ReplyDelete