Saturday 26 June 2010

Banned

Ah Blogs!!

One of the  benefits I have already found in having my own Blog, is the freedom it gives me to respond, or give an opinion, rather than on a forum.
I do think though, that my responses on forum's over the years has helped to get rid of the people using them, mostly anonymously to belittle people and to attack an organisation many know little about. This may have put some off the organisation as they only saw the negative side that took place on line.
I'm not certain that my retaliations did the organisation any favours, it has however moved those spoilers on elsewhere. So we shall see.
Forum managers/owners cottoned onto the fact that although their hits increased at times of strife,the content of the site in general suffered.
Will they recover to their former glories? I'm not sure, time will tell.

Having now been banned from comment on el presidente's Blog, for having an opinion,which he calls a mental illness,I'm quite chuffed, because he, one of the spoilers, doesn't like it up him,if you'll pardon the pun!!
In the meantime,I won't stop anybody commenting on my Blog or, giving a reasoned opinion.
I will try to make this Blog a place to visit, hopefully those spoilers out there will stay away. If they don't well...we shall see.
Despite allowing one through, anonymous posts will be rejected..... probably.


What you see
One or two people have commented to me on the font size and colour  I use, please let me know how today's entry appears.
Thanks Tom & Bob.



It wont be long

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hnzHtm1jhL4
or
Especially for el Presidente
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iihYcRjFpGY&feature=related

4 comments:

  1. Fred.

    I hope that the above comment about your failings in posting on sites, and the effect it had on losing the BS actual and potential members is at last, a realisation of the damage done.

    Lets hope you can move forward and take a deep breath and not post through that red eyed mist in the future.

    I would suggest you ask a pal whether what you intend to post in the future is sensible.

    Graham

    ReplyDelete
  2. Graham, you have obviously wanted to see a slant in my comment that just isn't there.

    I still do not accept that my postings have “lost actual or potential members” because I can’t honestly believe that one individual’s views, out of a 700 person membership, should affect how people operate, or even think.
    That’s as if you’re saying that those individuals are lacking something in their makeup.

    Now if you were to have written we instead of you, in your second sentence maybe, just maybe, I would have thought we were on the right track. It seems not!

    Unlike some who require prodding or direction, my posts are and will remain virgin straight on the screen, spelling errors or otherwise.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice blog Fred, keep it up fella

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Derren, I'll try, but I'm apparently an acoholic madman who takes bungs!!

    So I may not be about much longer ;o)

    I've added a bit to my posts to celebrate the fact :0)

    ReplyDelete