Monday 21 June 2010

Queer as folk!

Bob Roberts

Now Bob and I used to tussle a bit over on Fishing Magic mainly about the way he had a dig at a friend of mine, a former Secretary of The Barbel Society and The Society.
It never got personal between us though, as far as I can remember.
My perceived view also was that he was encouraging individuals to fish a part of the middle Trent which was/is being managed for the holding club by a small syndicate,to which I belonged.
The "discussions" no longer arise.
It also became apparent to me, the more you took Bob on the more likely the very people you didn't want to know, became aware of the location of the fishery.
That was perhaps two years ago, and as time goes by these things become water under the bridge.

There is one  individual however,who wasn't even part of the syndicate when this "discussion" occured, he seems to have appeared out of the woodwork to continue a vendetta against Bob.
Now, I don't think he is under orders, my guess he is  just trying to keep favour with 'el Presidente'.
A bit like the kid that hangs at the back of a gang and shouts from a distance.
He is of a view that because I acknowledge the works of a talented writer, we are the best of mates.
Having shaken hands and met the man twice in two years, certainly not, I would say.

(There is perhaps another story of another rather ill looking individual, for a future Blog,where my hand of conciliation was offered and turned down. I'll save that for a time, if it's needed)

Well,  you can make your own minds up about this individual, he is one of the "two faced".
I have allowed him to make comment on this Blog to show the childishness of the individual. For a business man (probably daddy's) and a family man, the more I come across him the more I wonder just how real his life is.
I would feel sorry for him in other circumstances and help him out, but I'm afraid I've passed that stage.

Anyway, if you have not read anything Bob does,(where have you been) and you want to see what somebody with a bit of  writing talent puts across, especially about fishing, see his website here.
http://www.bobrobertsonline.co.uk/    Have a look at his Blog while you're there.


Tomorrow

Another small river trip tomorrow, just defrosting my hemp and maggots. I will report back.

13 comments:

  1. Hi Fred,

    Bob Roberts is without doubt the Topman when it comes to writing a blog.
    We spoke yesterday and agreed that he is Manchester United or Chelsea for that matter and I like to think I'm chasing a Champions League place! Well I can dream!

    He is also right when he talks about ego, we all have them, some bigger than others for sure but if we don't sing our own praises no one else will!
    It's a lesson I've taught my offspring and it has made them supremely confident and that is how it should be, confident but not arrogant.

    And that brings me on to your point, unfortunately for anyone who puts his or her head above the parapet there are jealous individuals out there who want to knock you down. They won't admit it of course because of their obvious inadequacies but jealous is what they are, pure and simple.

    The phrase Get a Life has never been more appropriate than when pointed at Internet bores.

    Thirty degrees up here at the moment, too hot for me to go fishing but I'm off down the river shortly to put a few pellets in to draw the elusive barbel to where I want to catch'em!

    All the best,

    Steve.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 21 degrees cloudy and a cool easterly blowing up here, better when the sun's let through.
    I should havegone out today other things to do.
    Tomorrow sees a warm south westerly coming in, could do with some rain,Trent sounds low and clear from reports.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your on form today Fred :) Mike would no more want to keep favour with "El presidente" than you did, why? Thats just wrong and you know it. Your in danger of twisting things to suit yourself which is a bad sign.

    Might I also sugest you buy a new calander, 2 years ago??????? I think 5 is closer the mark. Wasnt Mr Angry born in 2004ish?

    ReplyDelete
  4. 5 years ago,my doesn't time fly when your enjoying yourself, even longer ago than I thought,well before Mike came on the Hazelford scene then!
    Must be being gee'd up by "el Presidente" then.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Did I ever gee you up Fred, or anyone else, No! so please dont make false accusaions.

    I may be very happy to take lies and twisting from Bob, its expected, dont assume you can do the same.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You certainly wouldn't have, even if you tried.
    As I've also said many times before, I don't fire anybody's bullets.
    4/5 years later though,that's something else in Mike's case!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Crikey Fred, why say..."You certainly wouldn't have, even if you tried.

    I just said I never did, why be so defensive?

    Lots of folks thing Bobs a cock off their own backs you know, they can read and form opinion, just like you and I.
    I seem to recall we just laughed and laughed at the FM stuff, I certainly did anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  8. .......... "so please dont make false accusaions.
    I may be very happy to take lies and twisting from Bob, its expected, dont assume you can do the same."

    Your very words Tony, mine was but a response.

    You see, on here it's just you and me, without posts in between bluring issues,as happens on forums.

    ReplyDelete
  9. ""Thirty degrees up here at the moment, too hot for me to go fishing but I'm off down the river shortly to put a few pellets in to draw the elusive barbel to where I want to catch'em!

    All the best,

    Steve.

    21 June 2010 16:34 ""






    And I was down the river waiting while Steve was posting on here!!:)
    2 hours later.......all jobs done. :)


    As you say Fred....there is nowt as queer as folk.Rosey included. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey Rich, when you starting yours up? ;o)

    It may force a few more glasshouse dwellers out.

    ReplyDelete
  11. :)
    ..you musy be joking!!
    I don't need a blog to force the nutters out.
    All anyone has to do is show a modicum of intellect and those with none want to steal it from you.
    Take care..
    Rich.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Adrian Williams23 June 2010 at 12:30

    Fred,

    If I may share my experiences of dg with you.
    I used Safestyle for the windows in my own home and tbh they have been nothing but trouble. The windows themselves are not too bad, (but nothing special), but the fitting is abysmal and the after sales service is worse. Unless you need to use the finance deal my advice would be to avoid them and look for a well established local company......You know I have a few rental properties and for the last few years I have used a local builder for all my doors and windows, it's cheaper, the quality is better than Safestyle your money stays in the local community and if there's a problem at least you will have a door to knock and a real person to talk to.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for the warning Ade.
    Contract in hand, work starting first week in July.
    I'll keep an extra eye on the workmanship now.
    As for local contracters,I've lost count of the promises I've had from them, so thought a national would at least turn up!!

    ReplyDelete