Tuesday 22 June 2010

Reporting

Small river fishing

Well two small rivers in a week, the Idle and today, the Upper Witham both an hours drive for me.
The Idle proved to be tough on opening day with just one bite for an eel .Put a bend in the rod though, only 1:8 but a great looking fish, returned safely.
Net snot dried out yesterday!
Up at four this morning to head for the Witham, what a lovely little river.
I didn't know what to expect never having seen it, but the stretch was very low and clear the type of river you need to rove. Reminds me of the Tove, a river I last fished probably 10 years ago.
Decided to long trot, having not done enough stick float fishing for some time. I got a good bit of practice in mainly small fish,chub,roach & bleak, a good net full, except I don't use a net now, and anyway not enough depth.

As the morning wore on, I was only catching minnow,
so decided I had enough fun and packed up at noon with bright sunshine and 25c in the shade.
May give the Bain a look next time!

                                                      Time to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment