Sunday 26 September 2010

28 men and one woman in boats

Blenheim Place Lake 25/09/10

The radio alarm went of at 2:30am, just shortly after I had woken from an early night to bed.
So I was off on the road to Woodstock within 20minutes flask filled with boiling water for packet soups.The weather said, bright, with some cloud and cold north westerly winds.
Three stress free driving hours later I am  at the entrance to the palace,awaiting the arrival of 28 fellow http://www.fishingmagic.com/forums/index.php members for our annual Fish-in to the lake.
I was the first too arrive,not unusual as I don't like being late, or people who are late.
The first to arrive were Steve and Wendy Spiller, followed closely by Neil Maidment.
The rest were waiting at the main gate in the town.
We eventually all met and made our way to the boats with our pre-chosen shipmate for the day.In my case Simon (k/a Peter Crabtree)
11 hours later, with some blanking, some getting one or two old warrior tench and bream and some small roach and perch.
Some knackered, especially Simon, after rowing back across the lake with his "half ton" stone anchor weight still dragging!!
I don't think there were any weights declared,after all it wasn't the purpose to make a match of the day, just a get together from those of us who meet across this internet world.
Some of the hardy had in fact arrived the night before and were under canvass on probably the coldest night since winter,when I arrived at sixish it was 5.5c!
Anyway, most of us met at the campsite's bar in the evening had a few pints and a chat.
I left them to it for the comfort of a warm bed at the close by Travelodge, no doubt I shall hear of their efforts to drink themselves into something resembling a coma, to get through the cold night under canvas.
Thanks lads and lass, good to meet you all again see some of you next month at Clattercote, for the Aces v's Chavs match.

Oh yes, anybody recommend a "thermos flask" my boiling water was luke warm after just the 3 hour drive!!


How's your diet Fred?

Going well thanks, but probably need to cut down on the fish!!

No comments:

Post a Comment