Monday 11 October 2010

French Fishing

River Lot

Second day at our cottage by the river ,first day acclimatising,getting the food and wine in and dodging the rain.
Grabbed couple of hours last night, got soaked in the process but caught my first French barbel of about 3lb.
Rained all day today,until about 5o'clock,so I took Pauline down to give her a few tips,as she has never fished.
Within an hour I had hooked and lost one fish, then a spotless 6lb barbel came to my net.
Next it was Paulines' turn,her first barbel,I have never seen one of this size, 6 or 7 inches long on a size 6!
At about 8pm we decided to call it a day,I lost my feeder and hook length on a snag,it was pitch black and Paulines baitrunner started to..run.
With some advice from me, a fine 5lb2oz barbel was safely netted and photographed.
I think she's hooked!

No comments:

Post a Comment