Monday 17 January 2011

Update

Sorry

I can see there have been a number of followers looking in, and I apologise for having not a great deal to say recently.
Important things that I have touched upon going on at the moment that need my attention, and it may well be I will have nothing to add here until perhaps mid - February.
Certainly not been in the right frame of mind to go fishing, although I really do want to, I  keep finding excuses not to though.
Just need to give myself that extra push.
I can say, I still have my sense of humour, and am not letting the idiots get to me as they did in the past.
There are far more important things in life than swatting at the itching annoyances of midges in t'internet world.
I certainly have found that the BFW site isn't missed by me at all.
They banned me because I answered those that were looking for ways to get me to bite, by referring them to specific areas of the Barbel Society website and Blog, rather than answering myself.
BFW called it spamming, in my mind it was overcoming the inadequacy of the moderators on the site.
It has however helped me concentrate more on The Barbel Society facebook page, and Blog to get our message out to anglers. It's interesting to see just how many carp anglers are joining in and in fact joining us.

http://barbelsociety.blogspot.com/       

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?sk=group_127485443977171&ap=1!/photo.php?fbid=482146144638&set=o.127485443977171

I'm glad to say, I spend far less time on this infernal machine, so there's no real excuse at all for not going fishing, is there?

Garden

For many of you I'm sure, this winter has so far done considerable damage to the plant life, itw ill be interesting to actually see what has survived come spring!
Something that hasn't survived is the pond, all of my rudd have died, and at least one frog didn't get out before the freeze.
Must look on the brightside though,I have a fgresh supply of dead bait!!
Thinking now of what to do with the pond, it's on the cards we will fill it in and create something else, but we've been recreating our garden every year since we came here, so it just another project.
The stream will be retained, improved and maintained to keep the bird life supplied with water, but I think almost certainly the Gunnera manicata will need replacing, we got caught out and didn't protect it before the ice set in.







I'll be back, but just to amuse you.

Getting old

Whether or not you are a country music fan, these are truly the words of a deep thinker, and a highly intelligent person. So simple, yet so profound!
Read the words of wisdom from the famous philosopher and iconic country and western singer songwriter, Willie Nelson.
On his 75th birthday only a man with such wisdom and maturity could be so concise and succinct in phrasing his feelings at this turning point in his life.

"I have outlived my pecker."




The Penis Poem

My nookie days are over, my pilot light is out.

What used to be my sex appeal is now my water spout.

Time was when, on its own accord, from my trousers it would spring

but now I've got a full time job to find the f***in' thing.

It used to be embarrassing, the way it would behave.

For every single morning it would stand and watch me shave.

Now as old age approaches it sure gives me the blues,

to see it hang its little head and watch me tie my shoes!

No comments:

Post a Comment