Monday 14 March 2011

That's it!

Fishing
The season
That's the river season over, and I have to say i'm glad it's over with, because this last season it's been too easy for me to make an excuse to not make the hours car journey to the river.
Couldn't even be bothered to fill in a journal, so what I've reported on here, is about it.
From memory only 1 barbel.
I've four trips to take up next river season, which again were too easy to stall in my frame of mind.
The Kennet with Martin James, the Severn with Steve Pope and two on the Hampshire Avon with a couple of guys off Fishing Magic. All four charity auction bids that I won.
Hopefully if nothing occurs that needs my urgent attention, I shall be taking advantage of the stillwaters in the close. Finishing off the winter with an attempt at the good roach and perch said to exist in a nearby pair of ponds.Then tench hunting.

Final fling
I decided that a final fling on the Trent was needed.
At 6pm last night as we moved into darkness, there was already a thick frost on the motor. So my trip to the middle, became a trip to the tidal. Don't know why the frost should have changed my plan, even though the pond was frozen over.

I should have gone to the middle,because I hit the tidal at what appeared to be a low tide. If it was the runoff, it didn't run off much, and stayed level for the whole 5 hours!

Not a touch.

Reviews

I've been reading quite a bit, and buying music for the first time for a while,here are just the first impression of my current interest.




We bought this cd off the back of two very good previous albums.
I regret to say after first listen, there is not one track that catches my ear. The earlier albums certainly did that at first listen.
It's in the car, if something grows on me, I will comment further.





Dave Stueart From Minnows to Marlin

If you have the chance to get along to the launch of Dave's book, it may be your only opportunity to get a copy of this fine tome. I'm only up to Chapter 20, so half way through. It really is a good read. A man after my own heart!

Saturday 16th April 2011
The Lands End  -  Lands End Lane  -  Twyford  -  Reading  -  RG10 0UE


 

No comments:

Post a Comment