Friday 24 June 2011

Update

2450 odd page views this last month!


I wonder why ?

Fishing Thursday/ Friday


Two crack of dawn sessions. The first on the tidal Trent, for seven  hours.Followed by six hours on my mate Rik's pond today.

Fished the run off, but no barbel to report on my first river trip of the season to the Trent.
A great day to be out and to be serenaded by skylarks almost all morning.
Dodged the rain and sat watching the world go by, spoilt only by dog walkers shouting at their bloody pooches!!

Onto Rik's place this morning, fished his small pond with the aim to crack the big perch and tench supposed to be in residence!
Still no sign of them, but the carp( definitely 20's) were doing the love dance under my feet, so I moved to his match lake for a bit of fun and fish catching practice.
Loads of pristine crucian and commons to about 4lb, great fun on light tackle.No sign of the 3lb roach though!!
3 families of mallard on this fishery all with 7 youngsters of varying ages. A pair of belligerent coot with 3 youngsters,and two juvenile heron which didn't like my crack of dawn entrance.
I'm seriously going to have to take my binoculars next time I'm down, loads of bird sounds which despite my years of interest in British birds, I still haven't learnt to identify the song of some of them.

I have a free ticket for life, as the two of us put in all the made, from scratch, pegs/stands.
It was hard work knocking in those pegs, through sand and shells.But the fishery looks great and the stock fish are now growing too big for what he intended.
The low water table has the pegs high and dry at the moment!!
I'm not certain if I will be going down there again to fish.Well certainly not the match pond. Rik's planning, if he gets the go ahead, to take out the bigger carp and put in barbel.
Wouldn't be right, would it!



2 comments:

  1. Jeeesus Fred! Why can't you just let it drop?
    Even after having taken advice to ignore them you just have to carry on don't you. I now have to concede that giving you friendly advice is a waste of my time. Carry on and perpetuate the bitterness. I'm out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can assure you Mr Otter, it's not bitterness, you obviously have no idea what's been happening for the last two years.

    The game is over, two years too long,so I've taken my ball away.

    Cya

    By the way, because I know I have fans looking in,nothing is retracted or deleted,it's there if needed, as is everything else.

    ReplyDelete