Monday 13 June 2011

Weekend

Wabbit!


young 'uns through the window.
We've lived up here 8 and a bit years, and for the very first time, although there are many around the area, we have rabbits in the garden.
Also for the first time for many years a hedgehog. Pauline wasn't quick enough with the camera to catch "him"
The removal of the 6 foot fence and replacement with a natural hedge has started to make a difference.
She was quite exited about the newcomers,so much so that I got short shrift from her for not telephoning to advise I had arrived at Barry Norris's house for the evening before the PAAS day.


We have a habit of making sure we let each other know when we've arrived following a long journey, my excuse didn't wear very well.









Prince Albert Angling Society


The Barbel Society had an invitation via Martin James to set up a table at the PAAS show this Sunday by the side of the Ribble at Ribchester..
Once again no real chance of seeing anything, too busy talking BS and signing up a good few new Lancashire/Cheshire members, young and old.
A good turnout alround, would have been more I'm sure, but the heavens opened up at about lunchtime, and it didn't stop raining all afternoon.
Very impressed.
I took up Alan Roe's offer to learn to Wallis cast, almost got the hang of it in the brain, but I do need to polish up a bit more on the moves. Back garden calling, for practice, if I can get through the wildlife!!.

Fishing


I was going along to a middle Trent Fishery on opening day, but I find there is a swim lottery at 5am in the car park...I think I'll leave it for a bit.


Poacher revisited


Not going to say too much as it doesn't need embroidery.
Just be aware, that if a certain individual( he gets mention on here) takes an interest in your club and it's waters, you could find that he may sneak in and pinch a fishery of yours from under your noses.
It'll probably only be out of spite though, and short lived.

No comments:

Post a Comment