Sunday 9 October 2011

Busy Week

Not a lot to report


We went down to Mum's Saturday, to be close by following the sudden death of her sister on Friday.
So matter of fact, almost as if death is acceptable when you get old! I suppose it is ,but not to me ....yet!
She's now suffering the symptoms of a new pain killer drug Tramadol, this one makes her heave, better than "lost control of legs" or "coloured barbed wire moving across the floor, I suppose"!!
At least they are dealing with the pain, the other drugs weren't.
Stayed with her until Wednesday,as we had to get back for our 38th wedding anniversary night out and Pauline's 60th birthday on the 6th.
On arrival home a telephone message to say the funeral was on Friday.
Already !!
We had the Thursday night at the Forest Pines Hotel, near Brigg and just off the M180 and dinner in their 1857 restaurant
http://www.qhotels.co.uk/pdf/1857%20summer%2014%206%202011.pdf
.We were very well looked after and an excellent meal. Highly recommended, but not for tight Yorkies or Yellow Bellies!
Up early next morning for the trip down to Hendon Crematorium close to the North Circular, for an 11:30 funeral.
Mum wasn't fit enough, but her elder sister Maggie, her with the broken leg, was determined to go.
So she spent the ceremony and the tea and sandwiches after, supported on both sides by two strapping lads!
Met up with some of the family, all of whom are getting old, we like most families only now seem to meet at weddings and funerals, so ageing  is noticeable!

Anyway back to Mum's via the chippy to take home skate and chips.
Up early to watch rugby, great game with the Irish & Welsh, the early morning spoilt only by watching the next performance by the English!!
Off home again straight after the match, Mum seems Ok.........for the moment.

2 comments:

  1. Oi!! What do you mean - all of whom are getting old! Bloomin cheek ! xx I never knew you blogged but just found a visitor to the crafters barn on my statcounter via this blog, So thank you very much for the link. One of these family does when we have one that is not so emotional, I'm going to sit you and Richard down to talk fishing/shooting/game cooking! - It'll need to be a Looooong Do though! ;) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. ou have to remember Claire that before your Grans 90th the last time I saw you was well,a long time ago!You are of course still young ;o) I have to say I don't advertise my Blog family wise, because sometimes I have to deal with some undesirables. But at the ripe old age of 62 and a half,I've decided the trolls aren't worth feeding. Glad you got one link,I hope it wasn't an undesirable!! You'll have to get your address to me, and I'll send Richard a copy of the magazine I edit, that could be an "icebreaker" perhaps for that long chat.

    ReplyDelete