Wednesday 28 December 2011

This year

 River record


Well done to Jerry Gleeson on his 14lb 8oz barbel from the Goyt on the 23rd December.

In Yorkshire
But may be too expensive for them !

The Yorkshire branch of the Institute of Fisheries Management (IFM) are organising a one-day seminar, with the EA's support, to examine the issues of predators in greater depth.
The IFM is a non-profit organisation controlled by members sharing a common interest in the modern management of recreational and commercial fisheries.
 Topics for the day will be broadly organised into fish-eating birds, seals, otters and less acknowledged predators such as signal crayfish.
After each session there will be time for you to question the panel of presenters.
The venue is the conference centre at Goole Leisure Centre on Saturday 18 February 2012, between 09:00 and 17:00.
The IFM will be charging attendees a small fee (£10). Tea. coffee and a buffet lunch will be provided.
For more information contact the event organiser, Mike Lee careers@ifm.org.uk


Fishing


Just a bit to sort out still, but if the weather continues for the foreseeable future, I shall have some catching up to do on the river, maybe the Thames when I make my last trip to Harold Hill.
I'll try and squeeze at least one trip to the Trent before year end.



Game over
Last mention of the little man............ ever!
I see a certain obnoxious little Yorkshireman claims to have been given early retirement.
Rumour on the grapevine is, that it's not for the reason he gives!!

Last for the year


Unless I am able to get out for a fish, this will be my last blog for 2011.
Lots of memories to store for me and piles of old family photo's to organise, including this the first time I think I've seen it.   My Mum & Dad, 3rd May 1947.
Together again!

So to everybody, have a great 2012, may it be a fit and healthy one for you all, with plenty of fish to fill your net.
My 2012 is going to be the very best for a while I'm sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment