Tuesday 11 September 2012

Back on the river

Got the trots back!


















I haven't used a float on a river now for must be two years, the last time on the river Idle and managed some nice roach around the pound mark stret pegging, but haven't tried it again.
Chilly willy!



















So back back on the middle Trent with my mate Rob he decided to get wet.
Me? I decided to stay on terra firma
The downstream wind veering round to come straight at me didn't help the practice but I still enjoyed the trip out landing a good few roach,dace and  a gudgeon!



The best fish of the day a perch, which took two red maggots and even had the cheek to spike me and drew blood. I can still see the wound, feels bruised!  



















I've had  7 Chris Lythe floats for a few years, the intention was to put them in a case and stick them on the wall, but thought, no I won't,so I've started to use them.
I think my problem has been sitting behind two rods watching the skyline, so having practiced and recovered the hang of it, methinks a few more sessions are in order.
The upper Witham, the Idle are calling again.


Note to Ray Thorpe

I'm surprised he still has his own front teeth mate!!

No comments:

Post a Comment