Friday 14 September 2012

Not just fishing!


Bread

My dietitian advising on my eating and drinking habits, was quite disturbed about the way I went about loosing two stone, primarily my method  was the removal of all bread,pasta rice and spuds from my diet!
What it comes down to in the end is that I shouldn't have stopped eating them, but to cut down my servings,so really all I need to do is stop eating so much food.
My alcohol consumption needs reducing and I need more exercise.Everything that I already knew, but I love good food and drink  Exercise? ...Well perhaps I should walk to my swim more often!! Or. put the cross trainer that been decorating my spare bedroom for some time to some use.
Anyway, we decided that perhaps to assist in my bread consumption, the local bakers offering, although very good, gave me no control over the content, at the very least salt. So we went out and bought a breadmaker, and before you say, it's not as good as making real homemade bread, I would remind you that I'm basically bone idle!
We got hold of a non all singing and dancing Morphy Richards breadmaker for about £40, which makes a small loaf of about a pound. the trouble is it's too easy provided you stick to the main recipe.
So this last week I've been practising with making bread, eating too much, but it is in the interest of research!
Who want's to live to 101 anyway?

Travelling

When we lived in Essex many years ago, we used to religiously make the annual pilgrimage to Alfriston in Sussex for the English wine festival.
Basically a tasting of the very few English wines being produced 30 years ago.All in all a very good day, usually ending with a few hours lying on Beachy Head, detoxing!
We've decided to do something similar this weekend but adding into the tastings our other food passion sea food. We're heading to Hastings for the Seafood and Wine festival.
I'll let you know how we got on.


And finally




Have a read some time, if you haven't already of Bob Roberts blog some really good stuff. Some of this and some of that not just about fishing!
Ok Bob does sing his own praises from time to time, nothing wrong with that, he's good at what he does, so why shouldn't he?
At the very least he has something to sing about, unlike someone,who will remain nameless, and seems to need to always compensate for his shortcomings by  belittling others.
When you finish reading Bob's blog, you will see that the little man still has the hump with me.He calls me a turncoat and all because I didn't  tow his line on Barbel Society policy and quitting his little group of sycophants.
He already had one man on board and thought I would assist in his aims.
Nobody will ever get away with blackmailing me into towing their line, especially just for the "privilege" of fishing a few hundred yard bit of of the mighty Trent.
Now I am no longer on the Barbel Society committee I may well enlighten readers on the steps taken, lead by the napoleon of the internet, in his attempts to undermine and do damage to the Society in his quest for some influence.

Bob's blog

No comments:

Post a Comment