Wednesday 19 June 2013

Warming up


Had another go

Couldn't make up my mind today about fishing, whether it would be the upper Witham, or a quick trip down to the valley pond again.

A serious accident closure of the A1 at the junction to the river made my mind up for me, so I decided to take the cane down to the pond after lunch, and test it again..

Set off at about 3 o'clock and on arrival got my rod, landing net and chair out of the car and put it back in again!!
I had been interrupted on my way out and left my bag with the bits and bait on the floor of the garage,so I headed back the two miles and 8 minute journey to retrieve.
On arriving home I got a 'phone call from bruv in OZ, asking me if I had sorted my travel arrangements out yet, or even a date!
Funnily enough, I wanted to speak to him as I had this very morning been trying to see the best way around from Christchurch NZ to his home in Exmouth WA, via Brisbane, Cairns and Darwin . To arrive for my 65th birthday next March.
Anyway I digress, I got some useful information from him and set off back to the pond, arriving at around 4o'clock.
Fished through until 9pm with a selection of baits,some hookers, bread flake and prawns, but I had forgotten my sweetcorn.....not my day!






.
So a bit of everything, another enjoyable afternoon with the warm sunshine on my back, and the cane and pin
Still haven't heard a cuckoo up here, but was pleased to hear the soaring song of the skylark for most of the afternoon.











Fly fishing

I've been considering getting myself some fly fishing kit, and the chance to get a full tackle set up has arisen,  I hope to be picking it up this week.
It's suitable for small rivers I'm told, but I'll need to get some practice in, as the last time I cast a fly was probably 12 years ago when I shared a rod on a couple of freebee occasions on the Test, with a business acquaintance.


Barbel fishing tips from the Barbel Show


No comments:

Post a Comment