Saturday 12 April 2014

What time do you call this?

Crack of sparra's

It's 4:30 am, and I'm wide awake for the second morning, to the sounds of the song thrush and the wren.
I don't know why I'm awake, but I did go fishing yesterday afternoon down to the triangle.
It was one of those frustrating sessions where nothing was in the right place and little things niggled, and I dabbled!
Too much fishing?
Probably not, probably something to do with our big trip!
Anyway, I wasn't going to write this trip up but I've already had two cups of Assam, so here goes.

We dug over our "orchard" area and removed a good crop of a creeping buttercup and found some worms!
So I thought,why not?
I fished a different swim, it was 8 foot in the edge, so the deep end.
Tried it at all depths, and all I could get were small rudd, not a touch on the bottom, I think the fish are in the shallower, warmer areas.
 So I moved to the opposite corner where I had about 6 feet in front of me, just where the trees finish and was immediately into a carp and a chub.



The carp all seem to be around the 7lb mark, most I've caught so far, have digs on the flanks, or have had scales damaged, not certain what that is, hope it's not an anglers id!!
They give a fair tussle on the Aspindale, but I think I've damaged the Drennan landing net handle, where the net screws in.
 I shall need to have a look at that, it's gone floppy, mind you it did give a crack as I lifted into a carp with probably too much of the handle extended.


I fished until the sun went below the horizon, not certain about this pond yet, I was hoping for a sign of roach, or even another good perch but no show..
Which brings me back to my dabbling. I took along a box of soft lures with the intention of practicing drop shotting.
Nothing to report, but I'll give it another go when my mind is in the right place, it turned out to be  a few casts with no real thought.

As I have to, I drove past the pub on the way home, thinking, shall I drop in?
I didn't, instead settled in front of the tv with a bottle of wine, a packet of crisps, a chunk of cheddar and fell asleep!
Now I know why I'm awake!
A wasted dawn,should have been down the pond instead of making this up as I go along?
Nah,I'll leave it to the weekend anglers, but,  if I'm awake Monday at the same time,who knows?

Tight lines to my readers, and have a good weekend


No comments:

Post a Comment