Saturday 24 May 2014

27th May 2010

Four years!
Yes, it's four years since I started up my blog.
Have I regretted it? No
Have I gained from it ? Not certain about that, probably not.
Have I enjoyed writing it ? Yes. So that means I've gained from it...I suppose!
On top of that, I'm not too bothered what others may think of my writing, it's a personal diary , and that's the way it will probably stay.Unless I get some signs of wisdom in my dotage!

Late May
I've come back from Australia, fair to say, I'm refreshed by the experiences over the 30 odd days.
Meeting up again with the family and seeing how Ted and June's kids have matured, also meeting their offspring, and how they are fitting  in with the new multicultural world of theirs.

I'm also refreshed by the state of the garden, all fully grown since my last view back before Easter.
I've missed the great tits fledging, but the nest box has been taken over by a colony of small bumble bees, so I shall watch what they are up to with interest.
Apart from cutting the grass in the back garden which must have been a good six inches long, my front garden was looked after by John from around the corner ( my quiz team mate), there's just a bit of tidying up needed.
The ivy which has taken over the flank wall of my house needs trimming back or removing, but I've found a wren's nest, it's empty and probably an offering by the male wren not taken up by a mate.
I'll keep an eye on it
I've found a song thrush nest with 5 eggs in the hydrangea next to the front windows, a surprise find because the local blackbird pair took every opportunity to chase them off earlier in the season.
We'll need to have another go at the vegetable patch, the slugs/snails have made a good meal of them.
The fruit trees are looking well laden as are the fruit bushes, so a good crop expected all round.


Front garden

Wisteria
For the very first time our wisteria has flowered

My "dry" river bed

 back garden

"orchard"

the pond

I've had my first pint of proper "warm" beer, well three, yesterday lunchtime

June
It's make my mind up time this month.
Do I renew my Barbel Society membership and Scunthorpe Pisces, or my subscription to Coarse Angling Today ?
Do I look at different opportunities to fish? I must admit the call of the tench is stronger than it has been for some years?
My CAMRA membership is due for renewal, tempted to put that to one side for the time being, the jobs done there I think.
Decisions..decisions!

So just about ready to get out and fish...maybe Tuesday to see if there are any tench..Down in the Valley.

It's just stopped raining, so I'm off out to enjoy the countryside....via the bottle bank!

I think I've been bitten!
two elbows!

No comments:

Post a Comment