Friday 12 September 2014

....and another!

Reprise
Lens condensation!!
Grabbed a few hours last night down in the valley,arriving just after 5pm.
I decided to fish the fishier swim. By fishier I mean, it looks the mutts, lily pads, reeds etc etc.
BUT, fishing light I tend to leave this area alone, as there are so many rogue carp to take you through the pads!

Anyway I put the rod to the test last night and held every fish without giving line, right thumb firmly fixed!.
I am quite impressed with this hotchpoch of a rod, it would be interesting to find out what it's base before being rejigged was.
The butt section is 54 inches of which the shaped cork handle is 26 inches, the top two are 40 and 39 inches, so perhaps the top inch lost!


Different swim different fishy action. The evening was taken up by mainly carp up to I would say 8lb, but two small eel and my mate the deformed tench showed up for a bit of light weight work. 
Lot's of leaf debris on the surface as Autumn starts to show it colours made it a little difficult with surface wind, soon overcome by sinking the line..


 Just some of the carp.






I'll try the cockle and prawn approach here next. I'm sure there are some better roach and rudd in here.


The way back

No comments:

Post a Comment